SH is a collection of percussive samples synthesized on a Roland SH-101. The samples are warm and crunchy and work really well as percussive additions to any track.
- Works with anything that can read .aiff samples.
- The samples could also be converted to .wav
- You'll need at least Ableton Live 9.5 to use the Drum Rack.
I was bored, there was an SH-101. This is that story.
The SH-101 is a classic bass synthesizer made popular in acid genres like Acid House or Acid Techno. It’s got a great, warm, analogue sound and the particular unit I sampled was quite gritty which you can hear in the samples.
The SH-101 does not normally make drum sounds but I set about synthesising a few and the good ones made it here. I did 4 round robins for each sample and have set those samples up in an Ableton Drum Rack.
This is definitely not your standard drum kit but the sounds are really gritty and analogue and work great as percussive additions to any other kit.
I’ve organised the samples into an Ableton Drum Rack with Macro controls mapped for each drum sound as well as global Macros for the volumes of each sound.
The samples are also available separately for use in other samplers. The files are in .aiff format but could easily be converted to .wav if necessary. Most samplers should accept .aiff though.
The samples are recorded at 24-bit, 44.1kHz because to my ear that's what sounds best.
WHAT'S IN THE DOWNLOAD?
- You can either download just the samples or the samples plus the Ableton Drum Rack.
- There is also a readme file included with each download to help you get setup quickly.
(c) 2016, Thomas Glendinning