GET THE SOUND OF A CLASSIC DRUM MACHINE
707 is a collection of samples from the Roland 707 drum machine. They authentically capture the sound of a classic drum machine.
- Anything that can read .wav samples
- Ableton Live 9.5+ to use the Drum Rack
- Works with Live Lite, Intro, Standard & Suite
A friend let me sample his 707. This is the result.
The TR-707 is a sample based drum machine with sounds very similar to the TR-909. The only control available for each hit is volume, so there’s not much to it really, just plain old drum samples… of course with the added fun of sometimes wobbly, old electronics.
Each drum hit is sampled 4 times (called round-robin sampling) to allow for small fluctuations in the circuity that often gives hardware a unique sound.
I’ve configured the samples into an Ableton Drum Rack and mapped Macros for volume control but the samples are also available separately for use in any sampler. The files are in .wav format and should work with any sampler.
The samples are recorded at 24-bit, 44.1kHz because to my ear that's what sounds best.
WHAT'S IN THE DOWNLOAD?
- You can either download just the samples or the samples plus the Ableton Drum Rack.
- There is also a Readme file included with each download to help you get setup quickly.
(c) 2016+, Thomas Glendinning